Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Sadness In Happiness

The Frowns In Upside Downs

The moment I step out of the school gates and onto the bus, my life will start a new leaf. I leave everything behind for a "hope" that I can play in my head but must maintain concentration for it to play out in real life. The next few years will currently be the most important of my life.

Thoughts The Night Before Last Day Of School

Risking It All

If you are not a detective then the reason for this article is change. I am leaving my friendly but unproductive high school for a more beneficial however unknown area. The former being as if my beloved home town. It's like a star basketball player leaving his home grown town for a more big shot city. It is a take all or take nothing, this time right now will make or break my life. Staring at the end of the barrel will be dignified success or horrendous pain and distraught.

The Outcomes Of It All

The reason for leaving my "small home grown town" is that I don't believe that the staff, or the people around me can guide me towards success, and when you know something won't work then it's best to avoid going down that route. However in another sense I feel as if I have outgrown the school, that now I am better and deserve something better. Maybe I am being a bit too egotistical yet this is one of the main reasons for my break away.

Leaving It All

When I leave that gate tomorrow, I would have left almost all but a few of my friends. There will be the hugs and the "that place is trash please don't go" nonetheless I still will go. I have made many great friends over the course of the last two years, and have enjoyed many great memories however they are roadblocks to my academic prosperity. They always trash talk and ramble on almost every single class that is unbearable to learn. Now I may come off as a meanie by saying this, but the truth is I just couldn't be taught anything with bafoons in my class (the real shame is that we are the top class).

The End Of The Year And Friends

At the start of the morning, everyone knew in the back of their minds that it was the last day with barely any students however it didn't really seem to effect many people and this carried out up until the end of school. So the whole day was pretty normal until the bell rang signalling the end of the year. This was especially important to me since I was leaving schools. Me and my close mate had our arms around each others necks, this maybe the last time I will see him so we walked slowly and reflected on some of our greatest moments. Finally the destination was reached, the line that separated the school and the gates, once I had crossed that line, everything will just be a distant memory.

The Cross

Me and my mate counted down slowly, "3,2,1" and that was it. Finally it was all over, a sense of relief but sadness hovered over me. The bus was already parked and waiting so the moment I stepped onto the bus it would be all over. In this brief 5 minute period I had given roughly about 25 hugs and 10 high fives but the moment I will always keep forever is at the end when everyone huddled together. I had been on good terms with just about everyone so I was a bit of a favorite. At this exact moment the world stopped for me and the feeling of being around all my mates for one last time will stay with me forever. However this feeling was short lived when the bus started leaving and I had to run in front it (not the smartest idea) so it could pick me up. Once I got on I could hear everyone chanting my name, they will be sorely missed but I know that we'll always be connected with social and media and all but mostly in my heart.

Coda

Throughout the year I believed that I was the center of everyone's attention (a bit of a attention seeker). I believed that I kept everyone together however the moment that I stepped outside the school gates, I realized. I wasn't the center of their world, they were the center of mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment